Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Poor Shaman

By poor shaman I mean 2 things, one is that as an elemental PVE build that I use for raids and general questing I'm always having to buy mana pots and other consumables for raids....mages have evocation and mana gems, warlocks have life tap, but as a 3rd caster the shaman has no way of regenerating mana apart from MP5, the clearcasting buff that delivered 100% free spells on crits was enough to make long fights last, but since the recent nerf to 60%, it makes it hard.......

Build 1: General Elemental Raid / Questing


So my gold is litterly going to the AH at the moment, on top of that the second reason shamans are poor is if I want anything to do with Battleground or Arenas, I respec, I use 2 different specs for each things, one spec is a restoration, but staying in my DMG gear....and using shocks to interrupt and slow down the other opponents which my mage friend does the all the damage and I keep myself and him alive...This is predominately a 2v2 spec, but also will work in 3v3, though I much rather playing elemental in 3v3...

Build 2: Restoration / Arena 2v2 & 3v3


And the third and final spec, costing me a nifty 50g a pop changing between the 3 different specs, is elemental PVP....this I found good for battlegrounds, in BG's you need to be able to get away in sticky situation, survive and move around quickly....the BG's are open so you have plenty of space to do this...

Build 3: Elemental / Battlegrounds

No comments: