Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Enhancement and Druid

I have changed my shaman to enhancement now, and have done a few raids and lots of PVP with it. I started with Dual Wield and have recently changed over to a 2h enhancement spec, my build is 0/37/24.

This is the most DPS I can get with that amount of points spent in restoration, I have been trying to increase my survivability in PVP.

Using Shamulator, I have come to the conclusion about DW vs 2h that DW is more sustainable DPS, and scales better, but costs more talent points to do so.

2H advantage is its amazing burst potential. Using the talent points available and the stats changed from DW to 2h this is the calculations I came up with.

Dual Wield
Low DPS 438-991 High DPS
Avg DPS 627 Weapon Mastery 0
Avg DPS 686 Weapon Mastery 5
Avg DPS 741 Full Spec
(More stable DPS, scales better.)
(Less burst damage.)

2 Hander

Low DPS 399-1162 High DPS
Avg DPS 638 Weapon Mastery 5
Avg DPS 694 Full Spec
(Unstable DPS.)
(Great burst potential. Less talent points req.)

So the main difference is that when I spec 2h only I have 5 points into Weapon Mastery, and you can see the difference in the avg that makes. And the major difference in burst.

This is one of things i like best about my shaman, I can change from Melee, to Caster to Healer at the drop of a button. And because of this I have rolled a Druid on Jubi'thos, I have a few work mates that created Alliance characters over there and since i have been Horde my entire WOW time I decided to give it a go, and am currently level 16 working on a Moonkin Druid, I figure I was Elemental Shaman I want to see the comparison between the 2 classes that are most closely matched. If I don't like it I can change to Feral I guess......Hybrids ftw :P

No comments: